Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Most people in this country look to the new year to set goals and think about how they are going to run their businesses for the next 365 days. I do some of that too, but I think that Thanksgiving is really just as good a time as any to start thinking about the future.

Its a wonderful time to take a step back and look at all the great things that have happened throughout the year -- notice the abundance you already have in your life. Instead of looking through negative eyes, think about all the many little things that are good. A sunny day today is one for me. I'm tired of the rain, I have family driving in for the holiday and I am thankful they will have a dry drive. I am also thankful that I have the ability to post signs on my office windows to let people know we're there and what we have to offer. These signs were created by a good friend and colleague who did them out of the goodness of their heart. For this I am very thankful.

While thinking about all the blessings you have in your life -- big and small -- it's time to also start thinking of what you can do to enhance them and to spread them to other people. When you express your thankfulness and gratitude, you bring more of it into your life and you see many changes for the better. Customer service is one way that I can think of to bring this abundance attitude into your business. When someone walks in, smile, greet them, and ask them how you might help them. When you're happy and pleasant, they will be moreso themselves. And even if they're in a bad mood, I'll bet that they'll leave in a better one!

So, stop to think for a few minutes about how you have been blessed this year, how much you have to be thankful for and share this with your customers and those around you!

THANK YOU everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment